SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Saturday, May 13, 2017

STOP/WAIT

Your mother trained you well to stop at cross roads, wait and watch both ways, and then cross to the next corner.  Those are My instructions to you today.  So many of My beloved fail to follow these instructions, and then they get into trouble

Daily you have cross roads in your life.  You are faced with decisions that can be infused with My wisdom or your own understanding.  Before you make decisions, I want you to stop, and ask Me for wisdom.  Then I want you to wait for My directions.

I want you to watch both ways before you make that decision. Watch out for My adversary who wants to confuse you or seduce you to go ahead of Me.  Watch for confirmation from those you trust and confirmation from My Word.  When you follow these instructions and have a peace in your heart, you can move ahead in faith with the calm assurance that I will be holding your hand and bring you safely to the next cross road..

PROVERBS 3:5-8; JAMES 1:5-8

1 comment:

  1. Lord - Thank you for that instruction that you gave to your servant Linda. I keep hearing you say to be patient and not get ahead of you. I pray I remember that instruction. I want to share with you that I began to listen intently to your voice as you spoke through Linds about listening to you. I confess I have not practiced this type of prayer. I only asked for things and then hung up the phone so to speak. Now as I write these words, I realize how rude that is to do that. More importantly, I am hanging up on the King of the Universe. That does not make sense. I am working on listening. I hear you telling me to keep trying, that I will hear more as I practice. I hear you say to be committed to our conversations, I know God wants to talk to me. I am his child, he has so much to teach me. I confess that I am concerned that I will not be consistent. I pray God keeps me connected. I realize that God clalls us but we must respond, he does not force us. I do want to share that God impressed on my Spirit as iI was listening this morning this idea that God is my Hiding Place. He knows the secrets of my soul. A hiding place from the Devil and his demons.

    ReplyDelete