SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Tuesday, May 9, 2017

LONGINGS

I want you to have a longing in your heart for Me.  Longings are desires that keep coming to your mind.  Those desires can go deeper than just the mind.  Longings can affect the emotional area of your soul, and if those longings are not according to My will, your focus on doing My will can be diverted.

Some single people have such a longing to be married that their minds and hearts are not stayed upon Me and they are not at peace.  Others may have a longing to succeed in business.  I exhort you to release all of your longings to Me.  As you delight yourself in Me, the desires in your heart will be My desires for you.

Seek Me first, and then allow My Spirit to develop longings that will keep your mind and heart focused on Me.  When you long to do My will, and not your own, you will not be distracted from the kingdom work that I have for you.

ISAIAH 26:3; MATTHEW 6:33


1 comment:

  1. Linda - I have a longing to play the drums in a worship band. However, I must seek God's will and run after him first. I pray he honors that longing. How do I know if that longing will be fulfilled. I trust God will confirm or deny that longing. I trust God cares about the little things In my life. Jesus confirm in my heart this desire. Have it be a instrument to knowing you more. I ask for your favor in this endeavor. Soften my heart and keep me looking for ways to do your will and not my own. Thank you Lord Jesus

    ReplyDelete