SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Sunday, May 21, 2017

REINFORCE

Reinforce is a word that is used much in your age.  Clothes manufacturers recommend that seams in garments be reinforced.  Officers in armies send troops to reinforce soldiers who are experiencing difficult battles.  Sometimes statements that are made need to be reinforced.

I want you today to understand that My Holy Spirit is not only in forces My Word, but He also reinforces My Word in your heart.  Before you read My Word, ask My Spirit to reinforce what you have just read by leading you to other Scriptures that confirm the truths that you have just learned.

When I taught My disciples they depended upon Me to reinforce the truths that I taught them.  Often they had no understanding about what I was teaching them.  You now have My Holy Spirit dwelling in your heart, and He is the One Who leads you into all truths and then He is able to reinforce those truths by sealing them in your heart.

JOHN 14:15-18, 16:12-15

2 comments:

  1. Linda - What a great reminder. I recently started reading commentary and listening to Pastors I trust to confirm my understanding of scripture. I look up the verses you put on your blog to make sure I understand the context for what the Holy Spirit is telling you. Thank you for letting me respond to what the Holy Spirit is conveying to your spirit. I am posting thoughts that come to me about your subject. It is like being in your Bible Study. I love that. This gives me a chance to deepen my understanding of your teaching. It really helps me. Later tonight I am going to read John 14:15-18 and 16:12-15 to reinforce what the Lord is saying. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Spirit - You are the advocate, the counselor, the comforter. You reinforce the Word of God by giving me a gentle nudging to make a certain decision or act on a thought that comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete