SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Sunday, January 19, 2014

WARFARE

I know you do not like to think that you are in a war, but every one of My beloved faces a war daily.
When you became a believer in Me, you enlisted in My army.  Before that time, you were not a threat to My enemy, but now you are.  However, I never want you to be anxious or fearful about the spiritual war that you encounter daily.  I have given you every weapon necessary to overcome My enemy.

Those weapons are not carnal, but they are mighty through the power of My Spirit.  The war is in your mind, and this is why My friend Paul exhorted m My beloved to take every thought captive whenever those thoughts are negative or are contrary to My Word.  My enemy loves to get your focus on yourself, and he will give you all kinds of fearful, anxious thoughts.  The minute this happens, give your thoughts to Me and allow Me to do battle for you.

The battle is not yours to fight.  The battle belongs to Me.  However, to come out victorious in every battle, first you must give your thoughts to Me and then have faith that I will send My peace to you to mount guard over both your mind and your heart.

2 CORINTHIANS 10:3-6; PHILIPPIANS 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment