SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Saturday, January 25, 2014

SUPPLICATION

My beloved Paul wrote that you are to make your prayers and supplications to Me with thanksgiving.
I know that you have wondered why he made a distinction between prayers and supplications.
As you know there are many types of prayers.  There are prayers of intercession, prayers of praise, prayers of worship, prayers of petitions, and warfare prayers. You have used every form of prayer during your lifetime.

All kinds of prayer that you lift to Me are part of your full armor.  Paul ended his description of the full armor of God with these words, "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for the saints" (Ephesians 6:18).

Supplications are requests or petitions made to Me with loud crying.  You supplicate when you cry out for My mercy when you face what seem to be impossible situations in the natural.  Supplication is the most intensive form of prayer.  When I was in the Garden just before I was crucified, I supplicated.  My prayers to My Father were made with loud crying.  Supplicating prayers happen when My Spirit takes over your natural ability to pray.  Suddenly, you find yourself crying out to Me about a need in your life or a need in other people's lives.  I love to receive this type of prayer because I know that you are praying with persistence and intensity.  Ask My Spirit today to move upon you when you are in prayer to supplicate - make your requests known unto Me by crying out to Me.  Remember to thank Me before I send the answers to your prayers.

PHILIPPIANS 4:6-7; EPHESIANS 6:18

No comments:

Post a Comment