SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Saturday, September 25, 2010

LONELINESS

There are many holidays when families gather together to celebrate and dine together. My Father ordained the Feast of Tabernacles to be one of those holy days when families dined in booths for seven days. I attended every Feast, but right before I was crucified I attended the first few days of the Feast of Tabernacles in secret. It was not My time yet to reveal Myself. Even My brothers did not believe in Me and they wanted Me to show Myself openly in Jerusalem.

They did not know it, but I did attend the Feast. I stood in the shadows as I watched My family enjoying their fellowship with one another. The loneliness I felt then was almost unbearable. However, that loneliness I felt then was nothing to compare to the loneliness I would soon feel when My Father had to turn away from Me for a moment as I took the sins of the whole world upon Me. Father has purer eyes than to behold evil, and the sin upon Me caused Him to turn away. I cried, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?"

On that fateful day when I died on the tree, I paved the way for all those who are rejected and lonely to be healed. As the holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas soon approach, pray for those who are lonely and include them if possible in your celebrations.
There is still time to include those who do not have family to join you as you continue to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.

JOHN 7:1-10; MATTHEW 27:46

No comments:

Post a Comment