SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Thursday, September 23, 2010

FAMILY REST

There seems to be such an unrest in families today. As I look into the homes of those who even believe in Me, I see strife, busyness, and a total lack of peace. How I want to say to them, please look up and keep your eyes on Me! Stop hurrying and worrying!! I am your "Good Shepherd," and I bid you to come to the waters and drink. I want to lead you to green pastures, but few take time for Me to minister to them.

Pray for families. This is to be a day of rest as ordained by My Father many years ago. It is the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles, and it is to be a day when thoughts turn heavenward. Take this day and cease from your own works. Come into My presence with singing and rejoicing. Lay every care upon Me. As your good Shepherd, I want you to be care free. Sheep are carefree because they trust their shepherd to go ahead of them and prepare the way. They follow his lead. I want you to follow My lead today, but first you must spend time with Me. How can you obey My instructions without spending time in My Word and time in My presence?

You will have a peaceful day and a joyful day if you will pray about everything and be anxious in nothing. The enemy's plan is to distract you from the awareness of My presence with you. Avoid strife at all costs and see those in your family as My treasures. Treat them as such and you will have a fruitful day.

PSALM 23; PHILIPPIANS 4:4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment