SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Saturday, July 21, 2012

STILLNESS

I always prayed to My Father a great while before dawn.  That was such a precious, quiet time to pray.  Everyone was asleep, even most of the animals.  I looked up at the stars and remembered the times when I was with My Father near His throne.  How glorious those days were in eternity, but I denied My Kingly glory to come be with you.  You are My glory on earth now.

In the stillness of the early morning hours just before daybreak, I could clearly hear My Father's voice.  The day would begin soon when the noise of the crowds would be a distraction to Me.  I still knew My Father would guide Me by His Holy Spirit, but I missed those communing times with Him in stillness.  This is why on many occassions I had to just step aside from My disciples to spend still time with My Father during the day. 

Today, steal away with Me often just to get your thoughts centered on things eternal once again.  Do not fill your days with worldly thoughts.  Set your affection and your thoughts on the things above.

MARK 1:35; COLOSSIANS 3:2

No comments:

Post a Comment