SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Thursday, July 12, 2012

PROGRESS

Everyone wants to make progress in their lives.  They want to move ahead in a positive way.  I know that you want to move ahead in your walk with Me.  However, I do not want you to measure your progress.  Truly, only I know if you are making progress or not.  Others, however, can see your spiritual growth by the development of the fruits of the Spirit in your life.  My Word says that you can know the spiritual condition of others by their fruits.

Natural fruits do not grow unattended.  They must be planted, watered, and fertilized.  In order to plant a fruit tree, all of the roots and rocks have to be removed and sometimes new soil has to be added.  If you do not water what has been planted, it will die.  If you want what has been planted to keep bearing fruit, you must fertilize the plant.

The same is true in the spiritual realm.  Before I can plant My Word deep in your heart, the rocks and roots that will hinder your spiritual growth must be removed.  It is especially important to forgive all those who have wronged you and to not allow a root of bitterness to develop in your heart.  The rock of pride also needs to be removed.  Once the seed of My Word is deeply planted in your heart, you must water it every day by continuing in My Word and seeking the help of My Holy Spirit.  Keep fertilizing My Word by memorizing it and meditating on it.  Then you will make great progress as you develop the fruits of My Spirit.

JOHN 8:31; HEBREWS 12:15; PSALM 119:148

No comments:

Post a Comment