SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Sunday, February 1, 2015

MERCY

I said that if you want to obtain mercy, you need to show mercy.  Often when people are depressed because of the circumstances they are experiencing, the last thing they want to do is show mercy to another person. They desperately need someone to show them mercy, but they settle for a "Pity Party" instead.When someone has a "Pity Party," they are settling for counterfeit mercy instead to coming to My Holy Spirit to find comfort.

To get out of that tail spin of depression, such people need to reach out and show mercy to another person.  However, they need to do this with caution and seek the counsel of My Holy Spirit before they reach out.  Some people who you show mercy to will take advantage of you.

Pray today that you will inquire of Me before you reach out to others in a merciful way.  Do not be confused by your emotional need to fix another person or make a quick decision to help them because you just feel sorry for them.  Remember always that My Spirit is the comforter, not you.

JOHN 14:16, 26

No comments:

Post a Comment