SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Thursday, April 26, 2012

FAITH

When I knew that Peter would be tempted by the devil to deny Me, I told Peter that I would pray that his faith would not fail.  I am praying every day that your faith will not fail.  Even though Peter did deny Me, he did not lose faith in Me.  The tactic of the enemy is to rob you of your faith.  He will say things to you like, "God does not really love you, or how can God still love you after what you have done?"  The first temptation in the Garden of Eden was not to eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge.  The first temptation that Adam and Eve faced was to doubt what I had said.

Faith is in your heart, not your head.  There is only one way that faith can grow in you.  Faith comes by hearing and hearing by My Word.  David prayed, "Thy Word have I hid in My heart that I might not sin against thee." 

Hide My Word in your heart today, and always remember that I am praying that your faith will not fail you.  Peter's faith did not fail him. When I appeared in My resurrected form at the Sea, I gave Peter a chance to declare his love for me three times.  Once Peter declared his love for Me, he never doubted Me again.  Whenever you give in to temptation, do not run from Me.  Instead, run to Me and remember how much I love you.  Faith works by love.  I am praying for you to keep your focus on Me instead of focusing on your sin.  Satan wants you to focus on your sin and if you do this self-condemnation will come in and try to swallow up your faith.  Do not allow this to happen in your life.

LUKE 22:32; GENESIS 3:1; ROMANS 10:17

No comments:

Post a Comment