SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Sunday, March 11, 2012

SUNDAYS

Sunday is the first day of the week and Saturday is the seventh day. Saturday is the Sabbath. Some choose to worship on Sunday instead of Saturday. I said that the Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. My Father rested on the seventh day and you will find that by the seventh day of the week that you are also ready for a rest. Today, however, most believers use Saturday to catch up on their house chores and their yardwork.

The celebration of worship on Sundays developed after My resurection. I was resurected on the first day of the week. Many call Sundays "The Lord's Day." Some people dread Monday mornings because they have to go to their work places again. Others rejoice on Fridays because they can look forward to a whole weekend away from work.

My desire is that you rejoice every day. Every day is My day and I have given you the gift of the day. Wake up every morning with a song in your heart. On the very day I was crucified, I sang a hymn from Psalm 118 with My disciples as we left our passover meal. The verses to that song are "This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." Sing that verse every day when you first greet the morning and you will have a blessed day no matter which day of the week it is.

MARK 2:27; PSALM 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment