SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Wednesday, March 23, 2011

TRYING

One of the expressions I hear people say is, "If at first you do not succeed, try again!" In the world people climb up the ladder of success and often step on others to make their goal to reach the top. However, in My kingdom the way up is the way down. You reach the goal of becoming more like Me by humbling yourself before Me.

You humble yourself before Me when you see yourself as I see you. If you consider that you are above others, you are in pride. If you consider yourself below others, you are still in pride. I give grace to the humble, but I resist the proud.

When you humble yourself before Me by casting all of your cares upon Me and by seeing yourself as righteous in My eyes, you will be on the way up in My Kingdom. The way to succeed in My Kingdom is to surrender all to Me - yourself and all your cares. You will never get ahead in My Kingdom if you just try to do My will. I will empower you with My grace to do My will when you humble yourself before Me.

1 PETER 5:5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment