SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Tuesday, June 15, 2010

QUIETNESS

"Silence is golden." I hear you exclaim this after a busy day when the sounds of this world whirled around you like a roaring tornedo. There are so many voices in this world that distract you from hearing My voice. I am so grateful when you take the time just to sit in My presence.

Truly, those times are golden moments for Me because it is during those times that I can have a heart to heart, spirit to spirit encounter with you. It is during those times that you can hear Me sing a love song to you. It is during those quiet times in My presence that I can impart My strength to you for the day ahead.

My servant David learned to still his soul. I am so thankful that you have learned to do this also. When you still your soul, you no longer hear those phrases, "I think, I feel, I want." Instead, you hear what I am thinking, what I am feeling, and what I want in your life. Of course, My thoughts are much higher than yours and many of My ways are past finding out, but My Spirit can reveal many of My thoughts to you as you meditate on My Word in quietness. My Spirit can also open the eyes of your understanding to better comprehend My true character in those quiet moments in My presence.

Take time every morning to still your soul, and you will discover much about Me.

ISAIAH 30:15; PSALM 131:2

No comments:

Post a Comment