SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Monday, March 20, 2017

WORDS

Words are containers that can be filled with blessings or curses.  Some words spoken or written can cause physical and spiritual pain.   David, the psalmist, knew exactly how important words were.  He passed this knowledge on to his son Solomon, who in turn passed much about the importance of words to us.

Words have the power to give life or death.  Once words have been spoken, they cannot be taken back.  When you are pouring liquid out of a container into another container, you have to be careful to measure the amount needed to mix whatever is in the receiving container.

I want you to ask the Holy Spirit to help you discern and measure how a person will receive the words you want to speak to them before you open your mouth or write. Your heart's motivation may be to help another person by your words, but if that person is not ready to receive those words, that person can even be hurt by your words. Remember that a person of few words is wise.

PROVERBS 10:19, PROVERBS 18:21

1 comment:

  1. Great topic and very good illustration. "Once words have been spoken, they cannot be taken back." Even this single sentence holds a deep thinking and advice for someone who speaks without knowing that the words have some power.

    ReplyDelete