SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Monday, August 4, 2014

TRAINING

I know that you probably do not realize it, but every day you are in training.  Your training instructor is My Holy Spirit.  He helps you with your spiritual exercise (prayer).  The goal of My Spirit is to help your prayers be more effective each day.  This is why I want you to spend time in silence just waiting upon Me before you begin your prayer times.  My Spirit will give you things to pray for then and all during the day.

You are in training to learn to hear My voice moment by moment.  This can only happen if you silence the worldly noises that invade the consciousness of My presence with you.  You can come to that quiet place where I will speak to you even when you are in the midst of worldly events.  This takes training, but I want you to learn to listen to My Spirit when others are talking to you.  My Spirit can give you the ability to respond to others with wisdom and understanding even while they are still carrying on a conversation with you.

Yield yourself to My Spirit today and listen for His still quiet voice in the hustle and bustle of your day.

PSALM 131:2; ISAIAH 30:15

No comments:

Post a Comment