SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Thursday, May 16, 2013

SILENCE

You often use this expression: "Silence is golden."  Silence truly is golden because it is during those silent times that you can hear from My Holy Spirit.  Satan is the "Prince and power of the air."  He loves to send distracting sounds to you throughout the day.  Even in the day that I walked on earth, I had to draw aside and find a quiet place where My Father and I could communicate.

Today, make it your goal to spend periods of quiet throughout the day.  I know this seems impossible, but you have to be intentional to accomplish this goal.  When you drink your morning coffee, have a break for lunch, and after lunch, just spend a few moments away from what you are busy doing.  Rest yourself in Me during that quiet time and allow Me to have time to speak to your heart.

There is much I desire to tell you.  Commit the rest of your work to Me during each quiet time and then listen for My still quiet voice.  My Spirit will be able to establish your thinking to give you discernment about prioritizing the rest of your day.

PROVERBS 16:8

No comments:

Post a Comment