SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Friday, October 12, 2012

WAIT

"Wait just one minute!"  This is an expression that often conveys frustration.  People use this expression when another person is disagreeing or debating with them.  Waiting in waiting rooms, waiting for a medical report, waiting to get a grade on a term paper, and waiting to finally get married.  All of these waiting times can be times when a person could become anxious and frustrated.
You live in a instant society where people have lost the art of waiting.

I want all of My beloved to spend time waiting upon Me.  However, so few do give Me time to minister to them.  I exhort you to wait for just a few minutes after you pray to Me.  There are things that I want to tell you.  There are songs that I want to sing to you.  There are portions in My Word that I long for you to read.  You will hear Me speak those passages to you, when you spend time in silence as you wait to hear My voice within you.  I have given you My Spirit and He dwells within you.  He is your Teacher and He desires greatly to lead you into all truth, but so often you do not give Him the time He needs to do this.

When you are willing to wait upon Me, I will be able to strengthen you for the day.  This morning is a good time to start waiting in silence after you have worshipped, praised, and presented your petitions to Me.  I do not get frustrated when you do not spend waiting times with Me, but I do long for those waiting opportunities to minister to you.

ISAIAH 40:28-31

No comments:

Post a Comment