SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Tuesday, April 5, 2011

CAUSE AND EFFECT

Everything in life has a cause and effect. Many people ask the question what causes the evil that they see every day in the world. The cause of evil is sin. You live in a fallen world where many have not believed on Me and received My forgiveness and cleansing for their sins. I have heard you tell this story before, but it is important today to share it with others. There was a barber and a preacher walking together on the streets of a large city. The barber said to the preacher, "I cannot believe in a God Who would allow such evil in the world!" They continued their walk and passed a man whose hair was matted and his beard was not trimmed. The preacher asked the barber, "Do you believe that you are a good barber?" The barber responded, "Yes, of course, I am the best barber in town." The preacher asked, "If you are the best barber in town, how can you allow that that man with his hair all a mess walk these streets?" The barber exclaimed, "The way this man looks is not my fault! He has never come into my barber shop or sat in my barber chair. If he had just come to me, I could give him an excellent shave and a haircut ." That story explains the cause and effect of sin. So many have not come into My throne room to receive the grace and the forgiveness of sin that they need to lead a life that glorifies Me. Tell this story to others and when you do, it will cause them to think and this story might have an eternal effect on their lives. JOHN 3:16-21

No comments:

Post a Comment