SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Sunday, January 2, 2011

NESTLE

There is something cozy about nestling under a warm blanket on a cold night. The winter months are here, but this season can provide warmth and comfort for your soul as you draw near to Me. You nestle when you press into somone or something for comfort and security. As you press into Me and draw near to Me every morning, it is My delight to blanket you with My peace.

When I walked on earth I gave an invitation to everyone to come to Me when they are laboring and feel heavy laden. I invited all to take My yoke upon them and learn meekness and lowliness of heart. The yoke I spoke of is My Holy Spirit. As you yoke yourself with My Spirit this year, you will be able to walk in step with Me. If you make it your goal this year to allow Me to teach you meekness and lowliness of heart, you will have a blessed year of rest.

Rest for your soul comes when you cast every care upon Me and nestle all day long in My presence. No circumstance or trial will be able to invade the peace and comfort I can give you when you draw close to Me. When I died as the perfect sacrifice I not only bore your sin, but I also bore your burdens. Humble yourself daily by releasing every care to Me. Then you will be able to enjoy My presence that provides you with My love, peace, and joy.

MATTHEW 11:28-30; 1 PETER 5:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment