SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Friday, April 29, 2016

CONTEMPLATE

I want you to really contemplate when you read My Word.  My Word is food for your soul.  Some people just gulp down their physical food, and they miss the enjoyment of savoring each flavor.

My Word says, "Taste and see that the Lord is good."  I want you to set your mind intentionally to meditate on My Word as you read it. Nutritionist recommend that people should chew their food at least 30 times before they swallow.  The reason is that when people gulp their food down in minutes, their stomach does not have a chance to signal to their brain that they do not need to eat any more because they are full.

When you meditate on My Word, you are chewing it like food.  You contemplate what message My Word is conveying to you.  When you do this, you will be able to lose the fat of your flesh, and your Spirit will then be able to receive, believe, and activate the delicious and delightful promises in My Word.  My friend David wrote, "How sweet are Your words to my taste! yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

PSALM 34:8, 119:103

No comments:

Post a Comment