SOMMER FAMILY BLESSING

Welcome to the blog for Linda Sommer.

My Blog will cover three subjects:

WORD FROM THE LORD, FAMILY, and MINISTRY.

WORD FROM THE LORD
Every day I spend time with the Lord in the morning and He speaks to my heart words that are encouraging, exhorting and sometimes rebuking.

At first, I felt not to share these words with others, but then I realized I am just one of His followers. There are many people who need a word daily from the Lord, but they do not have the time to seek Him. This is why I decided to share the words I received from time to time. The messages are in first person as the the Lord relayed them to my spirtual ears.

FAMILY
We have three sons and nine grandchildren. There is something new happening all the time in the Sommer family. I will post some of these events of interest.

MINISTRY
Tom and I have traveled the world. To find out more about our ministry you may consult our webpage -
http://www.voiceofthesword.com/.
I will keep you updated on future speaking enagements and ministry developments.


Thursday, April 22, 2010

LESSONS LEARNED

Lessons learned can be of no avail if they are not applied later. So many times, I hear you say, "Well, I guess I really learned my lesson this time!" However, if you repeat once again the same mistake, you really have not learned your lesson.

The lessons I want you to learn will help keep from making wrong decisions that will have eternal consequences. There are only three lessons I want you to keep in your heart and apply in your life. The three lessons are based on two simple commandments, "Love the Lord your God with all your mind, soul and strength and love your neighbor as yourself. The lessons I want you to learn are: Learn to abide in Me, My Word, and My love.

You learn to abide in Me when you are aware of My presence with you moment by moment. You abide in My Word when you take time to meditate on My Word and then take action to apply My Word. You learn to abide in My love as you learn to walk continually in My Spirit.
My love is shed abroad in your heart by My Holy Spirit. Only My Holy Spirit can help you love like I love. Daily review these lessons and apply them, and you will have abundant peace and joy.

JOHN 15

No comments:

Post a Comment